Skip to content Skip to navigation
See our Campus Ready site for the most up to date information about instruction.Campus ReadyCOVID Help


Campus acronyms - Get to know the lingo to help you navigate the campus.

  • SSHA - School of Social Sciences, Humanities and Arts
  • The Den - The Bobcat Den is a recreation room in housing which open to students (pool tables, foosball and a plasma screen TV).
  • COB - Classroom and Office Building, where most of your classes will be held (also houses the SSHA advisors).
  • Nat Sci - School of Natural Sciences (biology, chemistry, etc.)
  • KL - The Kolligian Library houses the Students First Center, Campus Store, classes and more.
  • The Lantern - The bottom floor of the Kolligian Library where students hangout, socialize and study.
  • The LC - Lantern Cafe, the convenient kiosk for caffeine and goodies (cookies, bagles, breakfast burritos, sanwiches and more).
  • The Hill - The incline pathway that connects the Lake Lot to the Kolligian Library.
  • TAPS - Transportation and Parking Services, where you pick-up parking permits.
  • DC - The Dining Center, located in the heart of campus (open until 11 p.m. for late night snacks).
  • Cat Tracks - The *free* public transportation system for UC Merced students and staff and faculty members.
  • SFC - Students First Center, your one-stop shop for admissions, financial aid and registrar needs.
  • OSL - Office of Student Life, the department that handles Greek life, clubs, organizations and everything that is remotely fun!
  • S&E - Science and Engineering Building, location for wet labs (as well as the offices of the NS and ENG advisors).

Frequently Asked Questions - FAQ

What is is designed to help you navigate through your life as a student at UC Merced. provides updated, secure, 24-hour access to comprehensive information, including financial aid, admissions, registration, course work and more.

Do you have sports teams?
The Sport Clubs Program is designed to provide opportunities for UC Merced students with a mutual interest in a sporting activity, to pursue their interest in more depth. Check out more information about the different types of sport clubs at

Where can I find out about campus jobs?
The Center for Career and Professional Advancement is your one-stop shop for part-time and full-time job opportunities and internships.

Where can I find out about CatTracks stops?
CatTracks is proud to be the official transit system for the UC Merced. Visit: for comprehensive route schedules.

Where do I pick up my parking permit? 
At the beginning of the semester the TAPS office will set up a table in the Lantern to pick up parking permits. After this time, you will need to go the TAPS office to pick up your permit once you have purchased it.

Where do I go when I’m sick?
If you are feeling ill or overwhelmed with stress, you can go to the H. Rajender Reddy Health Center. Call and make an appointment at Cat-Care 228-2273.

Once I’ve registered can I change my classes? If so, how?
Once you register at orientation you can make class changes in you’re  You can search, add and drop courses under the MyRegistration tab.

For more questions regarding financial aid, registration and much more, visit the Students First Center website